Tattoo-People Forums

Tattoo-People Forums (http://www.tattoo-people.co.uk/Forum/index.php)
-   Tattoo Health & Beauty Department (http://www.tattoo-people.co.uk/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tattoo Healing (http://www.tattoo-people.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=15)

InkedAngel 30th September 2008 05:34 PM

Tattoo Healing

What do you use on your tattoos during the healing process?

Deviant Magenta 30th September 2008 06:10 PM

I used to use Bepanthen but I found that it encouraged skin peeling too soon, and I end up with new skin which is really not ready for exposure and they go all puckery, despite the moisturising I do. I now, with significant success, use active grade manuka honey after I rinse the new tattoo, and pretty much leave it like that. After a few days, I start using a combination of unrefined shea butter and hypercal cream. 5 have been using this method on my leg which has always been tricky to heal. Occasionally when I get a small tricky spot which is oozing or really sore, I use manuka honey impregnated gauze for a few days.

InkedAngel 1st October 2008 08:36 AM

I tried bepanthen too but felt it was very greasy didn't like it at all, I tried using vaseline on my last tattoo and hated it the healing time was much longer than usual so I now use Aqueous bp cream and it works well for me, Viper doesn't use anything in the healing process which I find odd but it works for him, I suppose everybody has their own healing process when it comes to tattoos.

pooh73 1st October 2008 06:17 PM

I tried bepanthen but found it really greasy. DH swears by tattoo goo so tried that and it works well. doesn't go sticky, heals well - and smells GORGEOUS!!!!!
xxx

DeadlyPoison 1st October 2008 06:42 PM

*cough* im gonna get told of for this...

i moisturize is the day of and after it is done and then i leave it! not a thing till the scab as come off and the skin starts peeling...then i moisturize more and thats it!

Deviant Magenta 1st October 2008 06:59 PM

Nahh, you're not. Everyone has their way of sorting it out and all skins are different. So long as you say you don't use ajax and scouring pad...

DeadlyPoison 1st October 2008 07:19 PM

ouuuucchhh!!!!

nooo! i did try bepanthen but found i was allergic to it! not a good start!

it annoys my tattooists cuz i have a bad reaction to vaseline when they're tattooing me, they're usually wiping it off as fast as they're putting it on!

diesel423 2nd October 2008 12:50 PM

:eek:hmm... i dini use anything?!

Ditzy di 2nd October 2008 03:01 PM

[quote=Deviant Magenta;139]Nahh, you're not. Everyone has their way of sorting it out and all skins are different. So long as you say you don't use ajax and scouring pad...[/quote]

:D:D ajax:D:D

Lily 3rd October 2008 08:12 AM

I use a wee bit of bepanthen and keep the cling film on for the first few days, then nothing til the scab's off, then I moisturise a bit. It's difficult to be too prescriptive though as I heal differently every time.