Tattoo-People Forums  
After Inked Tattoo Aftercare Lotion with skin healing grape seed oil

Go Back   Tattoo-People Forums > Tattoo & Bod Mod Room > Pins And Needles Talk

Old 7th November 2008, 12:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to NADUAHMARIE Send a message via Yahoo to NADUAHMARIE
Default Info on Snakebites Please

[SIZE="3"]Ok, I need to know what everyone thinks about snakebites.
1. do they hurt the gums & teeth really bad
2. can you start out with studs when its done or do you HAVE to wear the circle rings
3. Are there studs that are really small and maybe even like a diamond type-not real of course, that are available to wear for that area
4. does it take a long time to heal
5. has anyone had problems with employment because of facial piercings, even if they are done in taste
[my nose ring is bad to a lot of people here]

That is the one piercing that I have been wanting to get for months and months now but have been putting off...

thanks ya'll[/SIZE]
Old 7th November 2008, 01:24 AM

Talking

1.They do not hurt your teeth or gums unless you are silly enough to start trying to chew on them
2.You can start them with labrets but make sure you specify to the piercer that you want them close to your lip in case you do want to wear BCR's otherwise they will just look crap
3.You can get super tiny labrets, I used to wear them at my previous place of work as a compromise
4.If you keep your mouth clean they take no time to heal, the mouth is a very quick healing part of the body
5.The only people that will be funny about employing you with piercings are the kind of people you don't really want to be working with. I am a manager of a care home and my employers have no problems with my piercings or tattoos in fact I think they felt quite bad for underestimating me just because of my appearance and I quickly proved them wrong!

Hope this helps hun now go get bitten!!!

xxxfayexxx
Old 7th November 2008, 01:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to NADUAHMARIE Send a message via Yahoo to NADUAHMARIE

awesome!!
I'm glad to hear about the healing, about the job thing..I work in offices and around children, I have had heck from everybody about my nose and my tats, including family...
I didn't get one office job becuz of it, which is totally unfair. I notice the states are way more anal about this stuff!
thanks for the info though.. very appreciated
I will call my artist Saturday and ask the price and make sure he has the labrets I want..:}
Old 13th November 2008, 09:22 PM

hey if you leave in your metal labret they will wear away at your gums and teethe i know alot of ppl who this has happened to, it happened over a few years. how ever using a backing like ptfe or bioplast (basically its plastic instead of metal) this is reduced massively i have had mine in for over 2 years now and i dont have any problems with my teeth or gums where as every1 i know who kept in the metal ones have got bits of their gums worn away or their teeth were the metal was against it!

you can buy the platicy ones here, you can put normal metal or whatever fronts on them http://www.pierceitshop.co.uk/biopla...html?cPath=144
Old 15th November 2008, 01:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to DeadlyPoison Send a message via Yahoo to DeadlyPoison

1. mine did because i wore labrets and not a BCR. there is always a risk of gum recession with ANY mouth piercing.

2. they are done with labrets and after a couple of weeks you can change them to rings (which in my opinion look better anywho!)

3. you can get balls that fit on to labrets with shiney things in them

4. 6 weeks minimum.

5. oh hell yes. i had to take out my labret in the end a) because of gum recession and b) because nobody would employ me. i currently have a nose ring as its more comfortble than a stud and i keep getting the usual from potential employers, "can you change it?" no "can you take it out?" no. "sorry you aren't qualified!"

sorry my reply is late and others have answered anyways but i wanted to put my thoughts in too
Old 20th November 2008, 06:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to firefairy

Hey!

Here , I've posted answers to some of your questions, Hope you find them helpful

No they don't, when done properly and of course remember after swelling has gone down to come for a shorter piece of jewelry, either a labret or a ring.
longer posts are the reason for gum recession.

2. can you start out with studs when its done or do you HAVE to wear the circle rings
You can have it done with labret studs or rings, that is up to you, your piercer should know where to place it so you can wear both jewelry styles.

3. Are there studs that are really small and maybe even like a diamond type-not real of course, that are available to wear for that area
The possibilites are endless! .. you can even wear a 3mm gem! .. for a look on the best jewelry here visit www.anatometal.com

4. does it take a long time to heal.
No it doesn't, when the proper after care is followed , they should heal in 4-6 weeks. then return to your local piercer for a shorter piece of jewelry.

5. has anyone had problems with employment because of facial piercings, even if they are done in taste:
That I wouldn't know
Old 20th November 2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefairy View Post
Hey!

Here , I've posted answers to some of your questions, Hope you find them helpful

No they don't, when done properly and of course remember after swelling has gone down to come for a shorter piece of jewelry, either a labret or a ring.
longer posts are the reason for gum recession.
see thats not true! i had a short post on mine and my gums are a mess. over time anything rubbing against your teeth and gums will cause an issue, long or short posts make no difference.
Old 20th November 2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPoison View Post
see thats not true! i had a short post on mine and my gums are a mess. over time anything rubbing against your teeth and gums will cause an issue, long or short posts make no difference.
I think it simply comes down to genetics, I have had no trouble at all with mine and I first got a lip piercing when I was 15, 8 years ago so I guess my gums are just alot lower than yours perhaps.

The moral of the story is no two sets of gums are alike
Old 21st November 2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pin_up View Post
The moral of the story is no two sets of gums are alike
very true. i was always told BCR's were better but my mother HATES lip rings so i was screwed from the start.
Old 22nd November 2008, 09:13 PM

Send a message via ICQ to firefairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyPoison View Post
Hi

Yes they do, the longer the post/disc are the more problems you'll experience. specially when drinking because of the "shoveling" action the disc will make against your gums. I personally prefer "fishtail labrets" becaus they rest under the gum.

But as always every piercing has it's disadvantages, from scar tissue to migration of jewelry. Every person is different and what may work for 90 other people may not work for you.

For more info on oral piercing risks visit Oral Piercing Risks from the Association of Professional Piercers.