Tattoo-People Forums  
After Inked Tattoo Aftercare Lotion with skin healing grape seed oil

Go Back   Tattoo-People Forums > Tattoo & Bod Mod Room > Tattoo Talk

Old 25th March 2009, 08:26 AM

Default Numbing cream

I asked this question on another site, but only one person was kind enough to respond (thanks Matthew). I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has used numbing cream. It has been suggested to me that prehaps I use it as it may help with the fine outline for my forth commming tattoo.

Has any one been tattooed with numbing cream, namelu ELMA?

What does the tattooist feel and does it effect the tattoo?

This is not my first tattoo but it will be my largest to date.

Thanks in advance.

Purple
Old 27th March 2009, 06:38 PM

I personally would never use a numbing cream as I feel that the whole experience of having a tattoo is amazing, and the pain is not so bad I can`t stand it, and I have some largeish tattoos.

I did, however, chat to my tattoo artist about it and he screwed his nose up and said they don`t really work anyway.

If you are worried about the pain, I found the best thing to do it to try to embrace it rather than worry about it. These things are never as bad as people make out, and it doesn`t last very long. Plus, the final result is something to treasure forever.

Hope this helps, just my opinion.
Old 6th April 2009, 04:04 AM

[quote=Scarlett;1134]I personally would never use a numbing cream as I feel that the whole experience of having a tattoo is amazing, and the pain is not so bad I can`t stand it, and I have some largeish tattoos.

agreed - i wouldnt say you would even need cream to numb the pain of being tattooed - i've got a large back piece and as said above it aint that bad - just make sure you turn up for your appointment after a good nights sleep and a good fry up - that always works for me!!
I do have a secret weapon when it comes to healing them however...
Old 6th April 2009, 07:03 AM

I have 2 on my arms and a back piece started which will fill my entire back, second session tomorrow, yay!
Glad someone else agrees with me! My tattoo artist is a really nice guy and his wife works there too, so by the time we get chatting time flies by.
Old 9th April 2009, 01:32 PM

thanks for you replies. I never realised you could be numbed until the tattoosit suggested it to me for the outline. I had the tattoo done, 3 hours under the needle - lower back to left of spine, an Indian Goddess that sits between my knicker line and bra strap.

Once the initial outline was done (ouch and double ouch) the fillling was a breeze. I have to go back next week for about an hours worth, some more fine lline detail.

This is actually my 11th tattoo (a few coverups) - 7 on the skin at present.

Purple
Old 9th April 2009, 02:17 PM

I put up another post about my back piece with a picture of it, I was 4 hours this time, 3 the first. I am having a complete back piece and know what you mean about the outline being a bit painful.
It`s well worth it though, I am very pleased with my piece so far. Got at least 4 more sittings yet though, probably more.
So lets see pics then..?
You can see mine under my other topic `back piece`, appreciate any comments.
Clare
Old 12th April 2009, 08:16 PM

had a look... nice.... look forward to seeing it progress Scarlett.

Purple

Tags
elma, numb, numbing