Tattoo-People Forums  
After Inked Tattoo Aftercare Lotion with skin healing grape seed oil

Go Back   Tattoo-People Forums > General > Tattoo Health & Beauty Department

Old 10th November 2009, 08:45 PM

Unhappy Is this normal peep's....

I recently got a new tatoo it is a beautiful cover up of an old one i hated.. the new one is black ink with vibrant yellow blue and white colours...i followed the recomemded instuctions and remved the cling film after hours washed it applied savlon then reapplied cling film before wrapping up warm to take the kids to a fire work's display...now the only thing i did against advice there was the savlon i was told to use bepanthan nothing else but i thought i had some at home so never got it only to find out i was wrong....Now when i got back home and undressed to my horror under the cling film was a thick creamy layer of glue like slime and load's of creamy ink so i ran to the bath room washed and the area with anti bac soap and water...the glue like substance stuck to my sink and my tatoo instantly looked alot less vibrant though the black was fine..i applied the dreaded vasaline i now heard to be bad and left it uncovered over night.for fear of oozeing again...in the morning i was really upset to see my piece of art looking dull and even the white look's yellow and the blue dull and merky..not much scabbing though..im now using bepanthen and hoping for the best..Has anything like this happened to anyone else and if so how were the end results..Any advice appreciated...
Old 12th November 2009, 10:33 AM

I always use cling film with savlon for 3 days,cleaning and renewing the dressing twice a day, then I use vaseline for a week after that.
The slime you talk about will of just been the tattoo weeping a little which is normal and mixing with the savlon, this always happens for the first day or 2, after all, it is like a wound.

You said `the dreaded vaseline`, not sure why, my artist recommends it and mine have all healed fine.
Not sure about the loss of colour, never happened to me personally. I do know that tattoos change as they go through the healing process and take up to a year to fully settle down. If you are worried go back to the person who did it and get them to check. Everyones skin is different and I have heard of people have colour touched up afterwards.
The main thing is it`s not scabbing, I personally would use the cling film still for the 3 days, then switch to vaseline.
Scarlett
Old 12th November 2009, 06:41 PM

Unfortunatly it has crusted and scabbed a little but now it is flaking the colour's underneath are still beautifull and bright thankfully and it seem's to be healing well now...Thank you very much scarlett for the reassurance and advice..
Old 12th November 2009, 06:49 PM

Don`t worry about a bit of crusting, this often happens, just be sure to let it come off naturally, no picking,lol!
Glad the colour is looking good underneath, it`s worrying because you want it to look good.
Sounds like it`s sorting itself out, best thing is to keep the vaseline going and let your own body do the rest imo.
Scarlett