Tattoo-People Forums  
After Inked Tattoo Aftercare Lotion with skin healing grape seed oil

Go Back   Tattoo-People Forums > General > Rant & Rave

Old 4th October 2008, 04:30 PM

Default Family Portraits!!

I got stopped in the street a few weeks back by someone trying to give out 10 vouchers for a sitting in a new photo studio that has opened in our local Debenhams, so i paid my ten quid and thought it might be a laugh and we have never had a family portrait and our son is 7.
sooooo today was the day we arrived to find the place full of screaming babies who obviously did not want to have there picture taken however much a fluffy duck was waved at them!!
The actual session was a laugh and my son loved it, so after we waited for 15 min we could look at the pic's having already paid ten quid I thought we wouldn't buy any more as they were so expensive but bugger it they were great and so 165 quid later I will be picking up 6 yes just 6 photos in few weeks!
I am such a mug!
Old 4th October 2008, 05:41 PM

Sounds great, and you can't put a price on memories like that!

Will we get to see?

http://mschick.deviantart.com/

I loves to doodle!
Old 5th October 2008, 05:33 PM

Haha, you always think you'll never buy pics then can't resist.

My mum got a free voucher for a session at Venture when she got her new car and decided it would be nice to get a photo of all her grandchildren (my sister had just had a baby). I vowed I wouldn't buy anything as I know Venture are ridiculously expensive, but needless to say I ended up spending a lot of money on four photos. They are fab though.

I bought a voucher at a Venture party recently and at the end of the month am having my photo done with my six best friends. We're going to get our photos taken in our pyjamas as that's what we always wear when we're together! Not when we go out though, haha. I'm really looking forward to it, but hope I have the will power to only take the photo that's included in the price of the voucher and not upgrade to something bigger and more expensive.
Old 5th October 2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clartypillar View Post
Sounds great, and you can't put a price on memories like that!

Will we get to see?
I will post them when they arrive I must admit the ones of my son are gorgeous!!!
Old 5th October 2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
Haha, you always think you'll never buy pics then can't resist.

My mum got a free voucher for a session at Venture when she got her new car and decided it would be nice to get a photo of all her grandchildren (my sister had just had a baby). I vowed I wouldn't buy anything as I know Venture are ridiculously expensive, but needless to say I ended up spending a lot of money on four photos. They are fab though.

I bought a voucher at a Venture party recently and at the end of the month am having my photo done with my six best friends. We're going to get our photos taken in our pyjamas as that's what we always wear when we're together! Not when we go out though, haha. I'm really looking forward to it, but hope I have the will power to only take the photo that's included in the price of the voucher and not upgrade to something bigger and more expensive.
Sounds like a great idea with your friends!! have fun xx
Old 12th October 2008, 08:08 PM

We've al done it, they are really a rip off aren't they!!! You just can't resist buying them all though can you. Your not the only mug lol I'm just as bad! My son made the last trip to the photographer easy though, little sod only sat for one picture lol was a beauty though!
Old 7th November 2008, 05:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to NADUAHMARIE Send a message via Yahoo to NADUAHMARIE

ya, have to respond to this one!! The schools pictures are outrageous and don't even look good, but the kids come home all proud of their photos and you HAVE to buy! Oh and from spending so much money on school pics, we never had enough left to get family pics for the year. So the kids have tons of yearly pics for themselves and nothing really for mom!! Seriuosly though, the schools suck but the girls are still adorable so I have those!! And - the photgrapher has my money. lol
Old 8th November 2008, 03:45 PM

Send a message via MSN to DeadlyPoison Send a message via Yahoo to DeadlyPoison

i got the chance to have some proffessional pics taken, all good me n mum went trolling off to london with all our clothes, 15 hours, 20 photos and 500 later we were on the train home, in tears because they had put us in poses that didnt suit us and made me feel like crap. never doing that again.
Old 26th December 2008, 05:27 PM

Deadly Poison

Sorry to hear that - my wife was given a similar opportunity for a cut price photoshoot in London.

I am seriously cynical and could see 500 - 1000 just slpping away down the drain because I knew that that the 100 'offer' never lives up to that.

Well I dragged myself there and after 3 hours of pics and a further 2 hours of serious stonewall haggling I got them down from 1500 (lol) to 200 for around 20 pics.

It was the toughest day of my life but I guess worth it as the pics will be a memory keeper.

Matthew
Old 26th December 2008, 06:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to DeadlyPoison Send a message via Yahoo to DeadlyPoison

we got them down from 1000 to 500, but even then we didnt get all the photos as they had promised.